1. Personal hygiene may have taken a hit.
2. Definitely more apt to have a beer with lunch.
3. Golf more, as badly as ever.
4. Eyeglasses always dirty, the bathroom at work being perfectly equipped for their cleaning. (Not to mention, except parenthetically, that I was rarely averse to extending my stay for the time needed to render them spotless).
5. Developing solid relationships with the neighborhood's stay-at-home moms.
6. Which reminds me: the woman next door, currently laid off, sent her 6-year-old over to play with Claire, who's 7, so that she (the mom) could run somewhere the other day. I overheard the girls playing a game, the object of which was apparently to utter the most outrageous speech act possible. First one would go, then the other. Claire surrendered after neighbor girl said, "I'm gonna cut off my brother's wiener, paste it on your eyebrow, and then you will get pee in your eye."
7. At the grocery store, find that my way is blocked by pallets and shelf-stockers instead of by other shoppers. I guess that's the difference between Tuesday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. But the shelf-stockers aren't squatting next to their carts to read labels on bottom-shelf items, so, as with my lunch beverage, an improvement.